Sunday, April 3, 2011

5 Quick Questions with Ed Lynskey




Ed Lynskey is an accomplished poet, essayist, and novelist. His novels tend to the noir side. His most recent, Lake Charles, begins with its protagonist waking up one morning to find his girlfriend next to him in bed. Dead, of course.
1. What’s the first crime novel that you remember reading?
The Zebra-Striped Hearse by Ross Macdonald or a John Jericho title by Hugh Pentecost.
2. Hammett or Chandler?
Chandler’s early work is my preference.
3. Gun, knife, blackjack, or hands?
Gun. I don’t like up close and personal.
4. Which noir novel have you read the most times?
The only title I can think of reading more than once is Cain’s The Postman Always Rings Twice.
5. What’s the best novel by Ed Lynskey?
That’s for the readers and critics to decide. I like Lake Charles, my new Appalachian noir because it took ten years for me to finish writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment